MEDIA AWARDS FOR EXCELLENT TOURISM REPORTING
A Committee/Panel of Judges, with representatives from the Ministry of Tourism, Trade, and Industry (MTTI), the Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA), the Uganda Tourism Board (UTB) the Uganda Hotel Owners Association (UHOA), the Uganda Tourism Association (UTA), the Association of Uganda Tour Operators (AUTO) the Media/Tourism Training Institutions and the STAR Program has established the following criteria for the media competition and Awards Ceremony (planned for September 26, 2010, on the eve of World Tourism Day) to recognize journalists who provide excellent coverage of tourism and conservation related issues.
For each category, there will be one prime winner and two runners-up. Each first place winner will be awarded 1,000,000 UGX plus other prizes, the two runners-up 500,000 UGX each plus other prizes. Honorable Mention reporters will each walk away with 500,000 UGX and other prizes.
- Award categories: print, radio broadcast, television broadcast, and Honorable Mention.
- Media houses that provide more time and/or space will also be recognized and honored.
- Awards for all categories will be based on creativity (feature/ documentary), accuracy/ information quality, depth of research, reach (viewership/readership/listenership), educational value, frequency, and newsworthy.
- Publications dating from August 28, 2009 to August 28, 2010 will qualify for this competition but ONLY submitted publications shall be considered.
- Print articles, can be sent via email to: HR-STAR@solimarinternational.com.
- Radio and Video submissions can be dropped at STAR Program offices on Plot 7A, Lugogo Bypass (electronic submissions only please - must be on DVD/VCD).